NQT Appropriate Body
The appointment of an Appropriate Body is a statutory requirement for the induction period of Newly Qualified Teachers and an NQT cannot start their induction until their Appropriate Body has been agreed. As an Appropriate Body, Endeavour Learning Teaching School Alliance (ELTSA) will undertake the necessary verification and administrative processes on your behalf. This includes:
- Registering the NQT with ourselves and the Teaching Agency
- Maintaining records and assessment reports
- Making the final decision as to whether or not the NQT’s performance against the Teaching Standards is satisfactory, drawing on the recommendations of the Head teacher/Principal
- Notifying the Teaching Agency of the decision
- Providing a named contact and advice line for support and guidance
- Quality Assurance visit to the individual schools
NQT Appropriate Body Registration Form
NQT Support Programme
ELTSA are also offering a NQT Support Programme to fully support NQTs following on from the shortening of their training year due to Covid-19. This includes the following:
1. Half day support sessions covering a range of topics appropriate to NQTs and lead by LPs/SLEs/Leaders from across the alliance. These sessions will allow for opportunities to network and to observe teaching practice across the TSA. These will take place on a Wednesday afternoon at Tarleton Academy and will be repeated on a Friday afternoon:
- Term 1 - 3 sessions: 23rd/ 25th September, 14th/16th October, 2nd/4th December 2020- 2.00-4.30 pm
- Term 2 - 2 sessions: 27th/29th January, 10th/ 12th March 2021 2.00-4.30pm
- Term 3 - 2 Twilights 28th April, 9th June 2021 4.00-5.30 pm
2. Subject specific twilight sessions delivered by SLEs in terms 1 (18th November 2020) and 2 (24th February 2021) 4.00-5.30pm.
3. A support visit for each school in the first term: observation and feedback, support offered to both NQTs and mentors Date to be arranged with Ludi Jones.
4. One free place for each NQT and their Professional or Curriculum mentor on one of our conferences led by Amjad Ali as part of his Effective Teacher Programme (18/09, 23/10, 20/11, 29/01).
5. Discounted SLE support for NQTs.
6. Fortnightly email bulletins directing NQTs to recent developments in research and appropriate articles targeted according to needs.
7. Quality Assurance visit in Summer term.
Package 1: Full Comprehensive NQT Package
£300.00 per NQT for ELTSA members
Package 2: NQT Support Programme Only
£100.00 per NQT for ELTSA members
Package 3: NQT Appropriate Body Only
£200.00 per NQT for ELTSA members
For more details email ELTSA Partnership Development Officer Chris Banks at email@example.com
To register your NQTs, please fill in and return the Registration Form to Ludi Jones, Director of Teaching School, firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional bespoke support for "at risk" NQTs delivered by experienced SLEs and Senior Leaders is also available at a cost. Please contact us for more details.