NQT Appropriate Body
The appointment of an Appropriate Body is a statutory requirement for the induction period of Newly Qualified Teachers and an NQT cannot start their induction until their Appropriate Body has been agreed. As an Appropriate Body, Endeavour Learning Teaching School Alliance (ELTSA) will undertake the necessary verification and administrative processes on your behalf. This includes:
- Registering the NQT with ourselves and the Teaching Agency
- Maintaining records and assessment reports
- Making the final decision as to whether or not the NQT’s performance against the Teaching Standards is satisfactory, drawing on the recommendations of the Headteacher/Principal
- Notifying the Teaching Agency of the decision
- Providing a named contact and advice line for support and guidance
NQT Support Programme
ELTSA are also offering a full NQT Support Programme. This includes the following:
Six half-termly NQT meet-ups covering a range of topics appropriate to NQTs and lead by LPs/SLEs/Leaders from across the alliance. These sessions will allow for opportunities to network and to observe teaching practice across the TSA.
- Regular email bulletins directing NQTs to recent developments in research and appropriate articles.
Package 1: Full Comprehensive NQT Package
£250.00 per NQT for ELTSA members
Package 2: NQT Support Programme Only
£60.00 per NQT for ELTSA members
Package 3: NQT Appropriate Body Only
£200.00 per NQT for ELTSA members
To register an NQT please email ELTSA at email@example.com
Additional bespoke support for "at risk" NQTs delivered by experienced SLEs and Senior Leaders is also available at a cost. Please contact us for more details.
NQT Appropriate Body and Support Programme Documentation