Academic Entry Requirements
or equivalent Maths and English at grade C/4 or above
or equivalent in Science at grade C / 4 or above
A UK recognised degree in a subject associated with that which you want to teach (Secondary) or any subject (Primary) from a UK Higher Education institution or equivalent.
Professional Entry Requirements
All of our successful candidates will need to meet the following conditions before the September start date of the programme:
- all candidates will be subject to appropriate pre-selection or pre-employment checks. These will include, but are not limited to, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) criminal records check and children's barred list
- all trainees will be expected to undertake a pre-training health questionnaire and fitness to study check according to the normal practice of the provider
- two professional references (see below for further information on types of referees)
- where disabilities exist, you will be able to meet the role description, person specification and functional capacity with reasonable adjustment(s)
You will need two references to apply to our Teacher Training programme. Your reference will be asked to write 500 words about your character and suitability for teaching (after your interview). Please note, you should not ask a family member, partner or friend for a reference.
- University tutor or supervisor
- Current line manager at work
- Previous employer
- Teacher at a school where you work or volunteer
- Supplier or client you have worked with (if self employed)
Choose referees that will validate your:
- teaching passion and potential
- suitability for working with children
- academic abilities for teaching
- reliability and professionalism at work
If you are unsure about any of these aspects, please contact us for an informal discussion. As we get to know you throughout the application procedure we will give you feedback on any aspects for development and also support you with any you feel you may not be able to demonstrate or achieve at this stage.