Endeavour Learning (formerly known as Manchester, Merseyside & Lancashire SCITT) and rated as an Outstanding provider by Ofsted (2015-2016), is a group of North-West schools who are responsible for the design and delivery of a high quality Secondary School Centred Initial Teacher Training programme. The partnership of schools who contribute to this include;
- Tarleton Academy
- Ormskirk High School
- Golborne High School
- All Saints CE Primary School, Hesketh with Becconsall
- New Horizons Alternative Provision
The Endeavour Learning SCITT ensures
- We prepare trainees to become the very best teachers they can become
We provide inspiring and high-quality training in a range of schools
- 100% achieve good or outstanding outcomes
- 100% secure employment
- 100% achieve the academic award along with QTS
We will help you to meet your aspirations
- We will work with you so that you can inspire the next generation to make a difference.
We will work in partnership with you
- What do you need to be a highly effective teacher? We will work with you to find out what this is and then we will work with you to ensure you are the best teacher you can be.
We will challenge you but support you through your journey
- We have a whole range of staff across the Partnership to ensure you fulfil your potential.
The Endeavour Learning SCITT programme leads to qualified teacher status (QTS) and the award of Postgraduate Certificate of Education through Liverpool John Moores University.
In addition, you will have access to:
- A dedicated Personal Tutor and a dedicated Curriculum Mentor who will provide both personal and professional support;
- A range of opportunities and experiences in schools – SEND, Primary and Sixth Form enhancements;
- Extended placements in two schools from week 2;
- Support with your growing subject knowledge development;
- An NQT support programme, supporting your though your first year of teaching and beyond;
- An induction programme starting in July and continuing in September;
- An opportunity to be a trainee representative, representing your fellow trainees at feedback events.
If you are a graduate and want to train to be a teacher based more fully in a school environment, then this is the course for you.